Thursday, February 11, 2021

Letter to Alexandra from Alexei, dated August 8, 1916

Source:

Letters and writings of Nicholas II and his family on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=243573740720347&id=108838347527221

The letter:

Stavka 8 August 1916
My dear, sweet, darling, beloved Mama.
It has been raining since morning. I have just had a mud bath. Yesterday we went boating on the Dnepr. It was very hot. Papa and the cadets went for a swim! In the evening we stuffed our faces in our little garden. The boys thank you and Tatiana very much for your greetings and kisses. I am waiting for Zhilik to come. I'll finish off now and continue in my next letter. May God protect you and the sisters +!
Kisses
Alexei


Above: Alexandra. Photo courtesy of Ilya Grigoryev at lastromanovs on VK.


Above: Alexei on the bank of the Dnepr River.

No comments:

Post a Comment