Thursday, February 11, 2021

Letter to Alexandra from Alexei, dated May 21, 1916

Source:

Letters and writings of Nicholas II and his family on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=244751180602603&id=108838347527221

The letter:

Stavka 21 May 1916
My dear Mama,
I played in the woods while Papa went for a walk. He went 8 versts. I'm running late for my walk, which is why I am writing badly. Papa is at Headquarters now. We went on a boat today. Yesterday, while Papa was still sleeping, I got into his bed with a cushion and tickled him and tormented him. Please greet P. V. P. and Siniy, and the others. May God protect you +
Lovingly yours,
Alexei


Above: Alexandra. Photo courtesy of Ilya Grigoryev at lastromanovs on VK.


Above: Alexei. Photo courtesy of Ilya Grigoryev at lastromanovs on VK.

No comments:

Post a Comment