Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Alexandra's letter to Olga, dated August 5, 1905

Alexandra wrote this letter to her eldest daughter Olga on August 5, 1905.

Source:

A Lifelong Passion, letters and diary entries compiled by Andrei Maylunas and Sergei Mironenko

The letter:

Darling Olga,
It has been raining again all day. We went to see a very interesting old monastery called Pskov-Pechery. It is built in the rocks. I am so glad to hear that Baby Tsar has a new tooth. I hope he is quite well and does not have pain. As tomorrow you will only have a music lesson, I hope you will write me a little letter, and Tatiana too. There is a lot of beautiful heather here. If it were not raining I should have got out and picked a bunch. We saw women in such pretty old costumes with lots of silver, chains, lace and buckles. Unhappily it was too dark for me to photograph them. I kiss you and dear sisters very tenderly, and remain
Mama +


Above: Alexandra.


Above: Olga with Alexei. Photo courtesy of Ilya Grigoryev at lastromanovs on VK.

No comments:

Post a Comment